Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. -Marion C. Garretty

If I had to pick my very best shelling buddy, I'd pick my mom. With her casual slow pace up the beach, she helps me to remember to slow down and enjoy my surroundings an soak up the atmosphere of the beauty around us. In this fast paced life, its good to be reminded of that.


Mom with her very first shark's tooth found at Barefoot Beach. After searching and searching, and nearly giving up, she was finally rewarded with a nice sized shark's tooth.



She nearly cried the night she found her first perfect angel wing.



Mom searching in the shallow for treasure.



She devolped quite an eye for finding some really cool things. Here she is holding the sting ray barb she found.




Close up view of the stingray barb. (Remember to click on the photo for a close up view)



One really cold morning back in January, she found this huge live horse conch on the beach. A nice young man offered to take our picture with her fantastic find. I didn't know why he was chuckling when he handed me the camera back until I downloaded the photos and saw the uber excited look on Mom's face! Her child like enthusiasm and excitement is infectious.



The same morning, further down the beach she found another huge live horse conch! She was so excited!



Mom at the lighthouse on Sanibel Island.

Posted by Picasa


So on this Mothers Day~I dedicate this blog to my Mom. I wouldn't be here without her...And I wouldn't want to be. I love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Your mom is such a hoot! She is the perfect mix of feisty & sweet southern charm. Y'all better come on back to E-wood and restock your sharks teeth soon. Happy Mother's Day Susan!

    Love to both y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing the sting ray barb-what a cool find! Your mom looks like a joyful person! Happy Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ray barb is so cool.....and so is your mom. I'd love to meet her too one day.

    ReplyDelete